Disclaimer

The views expressed within this journal are my own, and in no way represent the views or policies of the United States Army, Department of Defense, or any other official agency.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

And so we start treading on land, as the water will inevitably come...

We're less than a week out from our rendezvous with destiny. Violence is at a low, and that creates complacency amongst us. It's a double-edged sword. If we we're there for the hardships then the break in violence would seem like a payoff, a well deserved vacation.

Entering the country of Iraq at a low violence time; that's a yield sign for destruction. Any spike in violence will seem like a mission failure, and morale will halve itself into a sorry existence. I think we need to be hardened first. If we weren't planning for a 15 month excursion, I'd just be happy for safety's sake. But I know Murphy as well as any other of my brothers in arms, and I know better.

God only knows what will happen. Time will tell, and hopefully the tale told will be too boring to write about. But should we find ourselves in a bind... deus ex machina... hopefully something will manifest itself, present itself to help us get out of a dire situation.

I called this blog "Tragically Famous" for a reason. Most legends, heroes of character didn't find praise until after death. I could only hope to one day have achieved an important enough life through servitude that after my death, I will be found.. tragically famous.

No comments: